Diploma in Pharmacy – D.Pharm
Diploma in Pharmacy – D.Pharm | CTEVT
The Government of Nepal (GoN) is committed to bringing about tangible changes in access and utilization of Essential Health Care Services (EHCS), thereby improving the health status of the Nepalese population through health sector development process. Access to health care facilities continues to be a problem in rural areas as well as urban areas, especially for the most disadvantaged. Nepal’s health policy and strategy documents over the past several decades repeatedly identify issues regarding the deployment and retention of health sector human resource as a major problem that our country is facing. The Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) has been contributing towards the development of different middle level of health human resource. In this connection, CTEVT is producing Diploma in Pharmacy professional – as middle level pharmaceutical service providers. The CTEVT will award certificate of “Diploma in Pharmacy” to the candidates who successfully complete the requirements as prescribed by the council. The Diplomain Pharmacy professional will be able to work as Pharmacy Assistant in the Community Pharmacy, Hospitals and other Pharmaceutical services providing sites.
Mission of the Curriculum
To provide the document which direct CTEVT schools and faculty in the process of educating quality middle level pharmacy human resource to meet the requirements of pharmaceutical services in Nepal and abroad.
The strategies to achieve our mission of professional excellence will be attained by maintaining expert faculty, implementing the curriculum, and enrollment of quality students.
The philosophy of the Diploma in Pharmacy curriculum should be based on the development of pharmacy, as a profession for fulfilling the healthcare needs of the people with its socio-cultural impact on health. It should be based on code of conduct of Nepal Pharmacy Council. The approach should focus on pharmaceutical services for better health of the people.
This course is based on the job required to perform by a pharmacy assistants at different levels of public and private health institutions in Nepal. The Diploma in Pharmacy program extends over three years. The first year focuses on basic science subjects; the second year focuses on basic medical science and pharmaceutical sciences. Similarly, the third year focuses on the professional practice focus courses and application of acquired knowledge and skills through comprehensive field practices in hospital, community pharmacies, drug manufacturing, regulation and quality assurance. The professionals are eligible for registration as pharmacy assistants in the Nepal Pharmacy Council. The contents of individual subjects prescribed in the curriculum are incorporated in the light of skills required for professional practice
Aims and Objectives
The course aims to produce middle level pharmacy human resource with perfect technical skills that can face real life situation at the level they are aimed at.
The course enables students:
- To prepare technically competent middle level pharmacy human resource who will demonstrate excellent service attitude and respect for the profession and socio-cultural values.
- To develop middle level pharmacy human resource for good pharmacy practice in the hospitals as well as in the community settings.
- To demonstrate leadership in managing quality supply of pharmaceuticals and to promote rational use of medicine within the healthcare facilities and at the community pharmacies.
- To develop middle level pharmacy human resource in order to assist in production and quality assurance of pharmaceuticals
The course should reflect:
- The need of pharmaceutical service for the proper care of a patient.
- The roles and responsibilities of pharmacy assistant to improve the pharmaceutical supply system and to promote rational use of medicine.
- The development of professionalism in pharmaceutical sector by addressing simple to complex ideas those are associated with epistemology, ontology and methodology in pharmacy.
SLC pass candidates and/or equivalent.
40(Forty) students in a batch
The entry criteria are:
- SLC or equivalent with English, Science and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.(Minimum C grade in English, Science and Mathematicsand overall ”GPA 2”)
- Passed entrance examination organized by CTEVT.
- Applicant should submit along with the following documents at the time of application:
- SLC pass certificate or equivalent certificate
• Character certificate
• Citizenship certificate (for the name, parents name, age, date of birth and address verification purpose only).
• Medical fitness certificate (at the time of admission)
- Student quota for different category of students as per the policy of Nepal Pharmacy Council and CTEVT.
Medium of Instruction
English and/or Nepali
The diploma in Pharmacy program extends over three academic years. One academic year consists of maximum of 39 academic weeks and one academic week consists of maximum of 40 hrs.
Fee Structure :-
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Total|
- Little Buddha College of Health Science
- Nepal Institute of Medical Science and Technology (NIMST)
- Nobel College
- NAMS College
- All Nepal College of Technical Education
- Asian College for Advance Studies
- Bhageshwar Academy for Health Sciences
- Bheri Nursing College
- Birat Health College and Reserach Center
- Chhinnamasta Educational Academy
- College of Medical Sciences (CMS)
- FarWest School of Medicine
- Holy Vision Technical Campus
- Iwamura College of Health Science
- Kantipur College of Medical Science (KCMS)
- Kantipur Dental College
- Kantipur Institute of Health Sciences
- Koshi Health Institute
- Lord Budhha College
- Lumbini Institute of Technical Sciences
- Madhya Paschim Prabidik Shikshalaya
- Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Scineces (MMIHS)
- Mansarobar Institute of sciences and Technology-MIST
- Martyr Memorial Institute of sciences and Technology- MMIST
- Mayadevi Technical College
- Model College of Technical Education
- Nepalgunj Health Campus
- Nepal Institute of Health Sciences(Stupa college)
- Nobel College of Medical Sciences
- Nobel Medical College
- Pinnacle College
- Sagarmatha Technical College
- School of Medical Sciences (SMS)
- Shardha Institute of Health sciences
- Sunsari Technical Campus
- Unique College of Medical Sciences
- Vinayak College of Health Sciences
- Western Health Sciences Academy
- School of Health Sciences-Bharatpur
- Kathmandu Model Hospital School of Medical Laboratory Science
- Nepalese Army College of Medical Polytechnic
- Nepalese Army College of Medical Polytechnic
- Phect-Nepal Model Hospital School of Medical Laboratory Sciences
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Pharma Info Nepal, please feel free to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for visiting us.
- Nepal Pharmacy Council-NPC
- Bachelor in Pharmacy (B.Pharma)
- Master of Pharmacy Kathmandu University
- Top 10 Bachelor of Pharmacy College in Nepal
Pharma Info Nepal (Nabin’s Blog) is Popular Pharmacy information sharing online platform initiated by Nabin Bist since 2019. Thousands of Pharmacy professionals have trusted Pharma Info Nepal as a right blog to find the latest Pharma opportunities, information & resources for pharmacy updates in Nepal . If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Pharma Info Nepal/If you also like to write an article, please feel free to contact at email@example.com. Thanks for visiting us.
Nepal’s Leading Pharma Portal | Complete Pharma Updates