How to Pass Nepal Pharmacy Council License Exam in 1st Attempt?
Nepal Pharmacy Council Exam is a pharmacy registration examination conducted by the council to check the knowledge and understanding required to practice as an effective professional pharmacist or assistant pharmacist.
NPC exam covers almost every topic from B.Pharm and D.Pharmsyllabus. So we bring you couple of ways to cope with this intimidating exam and ace the exam in first attempt.
Familiarize yourself with the exam format:
- Attendants must carry their admit card along with identity card (Citizenship, Passport or Nationality card) on their test day.
- When you appear for your licensure exam you are not allowed to carry any stationary items that includes Pen, Pencil, Eraser, rough paper or calculator. (Please read the instructions that comes along with you admit card for reference)
- You will be taking a 150 minutes long test which consists of 150 multiple choice questions for Bachelor of Pharmacy and time 120 minutes 100 questions for Diploma pharmacy.
- Participants must be able to get at least 50% of answers correct to pass the exam i.e. 75 questions right for Bachelor and 50 questions for Diploma.
- Students appearing for Pharmacist and assistant pharmacist licensure exam must have in-depth and complete knowledge of all the topics covered in their B.Pharm and D. Pharm syllabus respectively.
- General topics: Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmaceutics, Therapeutics, pharmacy practice and Pharmaceutical jurisprudence.
- Refer to your textbooks and other study materials that over the exam syllabus compressively. Important books you must refer to includes Pharmacology by KD Tripathi; Pharmacognosy by Buren shah & CK Kokate; Review of Pharmacology by Gobind Raj Garga.
- This exam qualifies to you practice as a responsible pharmacist in your community so it is always important that you be updated with current affairs related to this profession as this exam aims on examining candidates on recent updates.
- While preparing for your exam it is always import for you to prepare topic wise to speed your learning and have clear understanding.
- For past question collection you can find pdf book in our website.
Know your Goals
- Candidates taking NPC exam must be clear that all the questions will be in objective format. Which means you’ll be given 4 different options for one question and you will have to choose one of the most suitable answer.
- For this reason, you’ll have to practice as much as sample papers to be familiar with the question pattern. Solve sample papers and take regular mock test to improve your speed and accuracy.
- Your aim should be scoring at least 80% on your practice test as actual exam might be more competitive than the regular sets. It is very important to review your score in practice test so that you can self-analyze which topic you struggle on so that you can get back to revise that particular section.
- Treat mock exam like your real test, keep watch on time and note which type of questions are repetitive so that you can identify similar important questions. You can easily access question type, important and past questions from Pharma Info Nepal simply by clicking on the link provided below)
- As mentioned above the test will be 3 hours long, it’s a good idea to break down questions. So that you can work on specific questions for a fixed amount of time.
- Keep your momentum while taking the test. Do not spend too much time on any one questions.
- If you are confused on one particular question move right to the next question as you do not want to miss the questions you are confident on. If you get extra time you can always move back to difficult ones after completing easier ones.
- You can always ask you invigilator regarding how much time is remaining.
While taking the exam
- Keep clam and take a deep breath.
- Always make sure to mention your details like you name and symbol no. clearly in right place.
- Please read thoroughly all your questions so that you can have an idea of questions you are confident on.
- For some questions where you do not know the confirm answer, first try to cut off the most unsuitable answers so that it will help to filter options and it’s easier to choose the right possible answer.
- Multiple choice questions can be confusing most of the times so it requires you be alert and look for words like “EXCEPT” & “NOT”
Overall, with consistent effort and dedication you can pass your NPC exam by creating through study plan. Pharma Info Nepal considers these strategies will be helpful for you while preparing for your pharmacy license exam.