Nepal Pharmacy Council License Exam Questions
Nepal Pharmacy Council License Exam Model Questions for Diploma Pharmacy and Bachelor of Pharmacy.
1. Issuance of identity card while deputing the Inspector is under…….. schedule of Drug Investigation and Inspection Rules, 2040 ?
b. Schedule 2
c. Schedule 3
d. Schedule 4
2. Mechanism of resistane to penicillins via beta lactamase is:
a. Altered penicilin binding protiens
b. Drug efflux
c. Breaks drug structure
d. Alteration in 50s ribosome structure
3. Which one is source of Anthraquinone?
4.The hormone responsible for “Flight and Fight” response is:
5. The UV visible in the electromagnetic spectrum of radiant is
6.. Following are the barriers of effective communication except.
c. Law regarding pharmacy practice
7. The amount of sodium chloride in 540 ml of 0.9%W/V sodium chloride solution is…..
8. The investigator under the offences under Drug Act is
a. Police Inspector
b. Public Prosecutor
c. Drug Inspector
d. Director General of DDA
9. Which of the following does not fall under essential medicine list of Nepal?
b. Ibuprofen + Paracetamol combination
10. Alkaline diuresis is done for treatment of poisoning due to:
11. Low Vd means
a. The drug has low life
b. The drug dosent accumulate in tissues
c. The drug has low bioavailabilty
d. The drug has weak plasma protien binding
12. Which base is obtained from wool of ship
b. Yellow Petrolatum
d. Liquid petrolatum
13. Which of the following is used as mucoadhesive
b. Sodium CMC
c. Burnt sugar
14. Some crystalline substance liberates water of crystallization wholly or partly on exposure to humid atmosphere or during trituration and thus becomes wet and liquefy, are known as
15. The provision of section 27 of drugs Act, 2035 is
b. Prescribing rights
c. Clinical trial
d. Prohibition of drugs
16. The estimated minimum adult daily requirement of riboflavin is 10mg. what number of tablet should be advised for daily therapeutic dose if the capsule contains 2.5mg?
a. One BD
b. Three BD
c. Two BD
d. One in morning and 2 in evening
17. What is bincard used in store management?
a. Purchase card
b. Stock record card
c. Damage record card
d. Storage card
18. In normal phase elution of stationary phase is….and mobile phase is….
a. Aqueous, organic
b. Both aqueous
c. Both organic
d. Organic, Aqueous
19. The useful variable from in vitro dissolution test data for IVIVC includes:
a. Sampling interval
b. Sample volume
c. Volume of dissolution fluid
20. If the Carr’s index of a powder is 10% then the type of poder flow is
c. Very poor
21. Aconitine belongs to the group of ………
a. Steroidal Alkaloids
b. Terponoid Alkaloids
c. Indole Alkaloids
d. Quinolone Alkaloids
22. The most efficient heat exchange between the particles and flowing air occurs in the
a. Tray dryer
b. Spray dryer
c. Fludized bed dryer
d. Rotary dryer
23. Which of the following ACE inhibitor is not a prodrug
24. All of the following adverse effects are associayted with carbamezapine except:
c. Decrease in antidiuretic hormone
25. Dose of Vitamin K in serious bleeding is
b. 5 mg
c. 10 mg
d. 20 mg
26. Which of the following is pH sensitive bioreodible polymer
27. Lactose is most widley used in dilunets in the tablet formulation. However it is not used in one of the following
28. Titanium dioxide is commonly present in:
a. Vanishing cream
c. Aqueous calamine cream
d. Opthalmic cream
29. The incubation period for sterility testing is?
a. 7 days
b. 10 days
c. 14 days
d. 21 days
30. Steam distillation is used to isolate
a. Volatile oil
b. Fixed oil
31. Which of the following vitamin is fat soluble?
a. Vitamin A
b. Vitamin C
c. Vitamin B2
d. Bitamin B1
32. What weight of a 5% (w/w) solution can be prepared from 2g of active ingredient?
33. The bodies which advice Government of Nepal on the basic principles and administrative matters relating to drug is:
34. Which one of the following is not correct for penetration of drug into brain
a. Lipid solubility
b. Polarity of drug
c. Size of molecule
d. pH of drug
35. Mayers reagent contains
a. Potassium bismuth iodide
b. Saturated solution of picric acid
c. Potassium mercuric iodide solution
d. Aquoes iodine solution
36. Sink condition is related to
a. In vitro evaluation
b. In vivo evaluation
c. Sink condiotion
37. Equipment used in manufacture of ointments
a. Roller mill
c. Grinder mill
d. Planetary mixer
38. Which of the following doesn’t need disintegrating agent?
a. Enteric costed tablets
b. Sugar coated tablets
c. Effervescent tablets
d. Compression coated tablets
39. Following indicates prsence of free acid only in the fat/oil
a. Hydroxyl value
b. Sapnification value
c. Acid value
d. Iodine value
40. Spirinolactone is a prodrug and its metabolite is
a. Desmethyl spirinolactone
41. The accumulation of follwing in the lens produces cataracts in diabetic patients:
42. Lactulose is a
a. Osmotic laxative
b. Bulk laxative
c. Faecal softener
d. Stimulant purgative
43. Geriatric polpulation should be included in the following phase of clinical trials:
a. Phase I
b. Phase II
c. Phase III
d. Phase IV
44. Rabies vaccine is prepared using
a. Sheep blood
b. Mice lymph
c. Horse plasma
d. Fertile eggs
45. Which type of trichome is present in aswagandha?
46. TMS is used as a refernce compund for
47. The authority for banning of drugs is with
b. Ministry of heath
48. The concentration of magnesium sterates tablet granules lubricant is
49. Neomycn is obrained from
50. Which drug having side effect Reye’s syndrome ?
51. Concentration of sodium benzoate as preservatives in parentrak products is
52. Ampoule packaging is example of……..
a. Primary packaging
b. Secondary packaging
c. Tertiary packaging
53. Devil’s dung synonyms of plant
54. Which is example of Stimulant laxative?
c. Liquid Paraffin
55. Which is example of monoterpenes?
56. Person shall make an application to the Department in the format as referred to in Schedule ………………… for To obtain certificate of registration of name, and shop or firm selling and distributing drug
a. Schedule 5
b. Schedule 7
c. Schedule 8
d. Schedule 9
57. In O/W type emulsion ………….. is dispersed phase
58. Moisture content in hard gelatin capsule is
59. Which is not sulphonamide?
b. Silver sulphadizine
60. Sucarlfate should taken ……
a. Empty stomach
b. With meal
c. With PPI
d. With Milk
61. Opthalmic solution should be
62. Ergometrine is obtained from
b. Higher plant
63. Which is the test of alkaloids in plant?
a. Molisch test
b. Mayer’s reagent
c. Saponification test
d. Legal test
64. What is the mamximum weight deviation limit as per IP for 50mg tablet?
65. Institute of Medicine, TU started Intermediate Pharmacy in the year.
a. 1997 AD
b. 1972 AD
c. 1986 AD
d. 1990 AD
66. The suitable packaging for codeine phosphate tablet is:
a. Aluminum – Aluminium Packing
b. Blister Packing using PVC
c. Blister Packing using PVDC
d. PVC- Aluminium Packing
67. Which alkaloid is volatile?
68. Allium sativum is used for the treatment of
b. Rheumatic disease
69. Which is antidote of Heparin poisoning
d. Protamine sulphate
70. The action based error is also called as,
71. Which body suggest government on technical matters ?
72. Recognition of various pharmacopeias are illustrates under which schedule as per Drug Standard Regulation?
a. Schedule 1
b. Schedule 2
c. Schedule 4
d. Schedule 5
73. Who is eligible to be an investigation officer as per Narcotic Drug Control Act 2033:
a. At least sub- inspector of police or section officer
b. At least inspector of police or kharidar
c. At least sub- inspector of police of kharidar
d. Public prosecutor
74. Which raw material used for preparing Vegetarian Capsule
d. None of above
75. Chief constituent in coriander is?
76. Sinigrin is example of glycoside?
77. Which of these drugs is known to cause brown-pink skin discoloration?
78. Purple glove syndrome is a side effect of which of these drugs?
79. What is the strongest antibiotic for MRSA?
80. Which antibiotics in binds with 50S ribosomes?
81. Which pregency category medicine is safe in pregency
a. Category A
b. Category B
c. Category X
d. Category D
82. Idiosyncratic is ………….. type of reaction ?
a. Type A
b. Type B
c. Type C
d. Type D
83. Adulterants of rauwolfia serpentine are distinguished on the basis of
a. Presence of sclernchyma
b. Absence of sclerenchyma
c. Presence of parenchyma
d. Absence of parenchyma
84. Biological source for Isapgol:
a. Plantago ovata
b. Aegle marmelos
c. Giladinium amansii
d. Condrus cripsus
85. Reserpine is derived from-
c. Tryptophan and tryptamine
86. Which of the following is a buffer solution?
b. CH3COOH + CH3COONH4
c. NaCl + NaOH
d. CH3COONa +CH3COOH
87. What is the principal of TLC?
d. Both a and b
88. Pilocarpine is used for:
b. Paralytic ileus
C. Urinary retention
d. All of the above
89. Dissociative anesthesia is produced by:
d. Both A and B are correct
90. Spironolactone can be usefully combine with the following diuretics except:
91. Absorbable suture material among the following is.
92. Hospital acquired infectious are called.
a. Primary infection
b. Secondary infection
c. Nosocomial infection
d. Latent infection
93. The colour of the container used for the disposal of waste sharps is.
94. Which One of the following is NOT a salient feature of a Hospital Pharmacy?
a. Supply and storage of ancillary products
b. Design of a new drug
c. Supply of Pharmaceutical Drugs
d. Dispensing Of Narcotic Products
95. Which of the following phases is known as post marketing surveillance
A. Phase-1 trials
B. Phase-2 trials
C. Phase –3 trials
D. Phase-4 trials
96. What do you mean by medium hospital
a. 100 beds
b. 100-500 beds
c. More than 500 beds
d. All of above
97. Which semi synthetic penicillins is acid resistant
a. Phenoxymethyl penicillin
98. Who is the chairman of DCC?
a. Minister of MOHP
b. Secretary of MOHP
c. DG of DDA
d. Pharmacist nominated by DDA
99. In prescription e.m.p. means
a. At bed time
c. As directed
100. Which is main part of prescription
- Nepal Pharmacy Council License Exam Syllabus Diploma Pharmacy
- Pharmacist License Exam Syllabus Nepal Pharmacy Council