Responsibilities and Role of Community Pharmacy & Hospital Pharmacy COVID-19
Community pharmacies in outbreak-affected and unaffected areas are often the first point of contact with the health system for those with health-related concerns or simply in need of information and reliable advice.
Community pharmacists have the shared responsibility of:
• Ensuring adequate storage and supply of appropriate stocks of pharmaceutical products and devices, such as medicines, masks, etc
• Informing and educating the public
• Promoting disease prevention
• Promoting infection control
In addition to the COVID-19-related roles, pharmacies provide an essential public service to the whole population through the supply of medicines and pharmaceutical care. Ensuring the continuity of these services is essential.
Hospital pharmacies in outbreak-affected and unaffected areas play an important role in:
• Ensuring adequate storage and supply of appropriate stocks of relevant medicines and other medical products and devices to supply the demand, including masks, thermometers, goggles and other necessary equipment. Ensuring these products are adequately supplied if not managed by the hospital pharmacy.
• Collaborating with other healthcare professionals in providing patient care and support
• Promoting hospital prevention and infection control
• Informing and counselling
• Ensuring the responsible use of the pharmaceutical products supplied. For example, ensuring that healthcare professionals wear their masks appropriately and know how to take them off correctly to avoid contamination.
• Pharmacovigilance and monitoring treatment outcomes.
During the pandemic, in addition to community pharmacies and the COVID-19-related roles, hospital pharmacies provide an essential service to patients (both inpatients and outpatients) and health care teams through the supply of medicines and pharmaceutical care. Ensuring the continuity of these services is essential.
Source:- COVID-19 pandemic: Guidelines for pharmacists and the pharmacy workforce | FIP
Pharma Info Nepal (Nabin’s Blog) is Popular Pharmacy information sharing online platform initiated by Nabin Bist since 2019. Thousands of Pharmacy professionals have trusted Pharma Info Nepal as a right blog to find the latest Pharma opportunities, information & resources for pharmacy updates in Nepal . If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Pharma Info Nepal/If you also like to write an article, please feel free to contact at email@example.com. Thanks for visiting us.
Nepal’s Leading Pharma Portal | Complete Pharma Updates