Vacancy Announcement for Pharmacy Officer (Pharmacist) Nyaya Health Nepal
Nyaya Health Nepal is seeking a “Pharmacy Officer (Pharmacist)” to provide quality pharmacy practice and ensure dignified and evidence-based care to all patients. Applications are being accepted on an immediate, rolling basis.
Nyaya Health Nepal, a Nepal-based NGO, delivers healthcare to underserved communities in Nepal in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Nepal. Mobilizing global health best practices and on-the-ground implementation research, our team envisions a future where everyone is guaranteed universal health coverage as a human right, not a privilege. Our over 200+ staff members in Nepal deliver care to almost 200,000 people through our integrated healthcare approach, which involves the strategic use of technology and data to coordinate care across facilities and the community.
- Reports to: Medical Lead
- Location: Bayalpata Hospital, Achham
- Experienced and good track record of reliable and quality work with time management skills
- Self-starter and a Problem solver with a passion and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to manage pharmacy team, and to work well with other team members
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy
Big 3 Responsibilities:
- Lead pharmacy team (Ensure duty rosters, conduct monthly meetings, team’s performance appraisal, regular 1:1 meetings, and identify training needs)
- Provide and ensure quality pharmacy practice
- Ensure dignified, and evidence-based care to all patients.
Areas of Responsibility (AoR)
Lead pharmacy team (Ensure duty rosters, conduct monthly meetings, team’s performance appraisal, regular 1:1 meetings, and identify training needs)
- Supervise, mentor, and guide Pharmacy team; conduct regular 1:1, and provide constructive feedback to the team members for their growth and career development.
- Mentor team members for pharmacy skills, soft skills, and management skills.
- Make sure all the team members are following organization SOPs, policies, and procedures
- Make sure of team members’ leave/absenteeism is properly managed in accordance with the workload.
- Identify and facilitate training needs for all the team members under direct supervision.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense control activities.
- Facilitate in the hiring process for any relevant hiring in the organization.
- Prepare and review the execution of OKR (including teams) in alignment with direct manager/Functional Lead.
- Oversee the manager’s functions of the onboarding process, including review of OKRs, AoRs, org culture code, and management systems.
Provide and ensure quality pharmacy practice
- Keep rigorous records of stock and medicines dispensed
- Coordinates with the store to reduce stock-outs and expiry medicines
- Coordinate with PCPs to manage stock-outs and to reduce expiry medicines.
- Provide patients and their families a dignified experience in receiving medications
- Maintain an organized, exquisitely clean, and safe pharmacy store
- Oversee the orders coming from patient units and pharmacy to the Medical Stores for completeness and once a week ordering coordinating with line manager, and team.
- Establish optimal stock quotas based on consumption for each unit
- Ensure that drugs are properly shelved in sufficient quantity, and make timely consistent, and accurate dispatch of orders.
- Maintain up-to-date inventory records of medicines and consumables in coordination with store, IPD, ER, ANC, OT, and procedure room.
- Maintain adequate records as per the requirement of DDA.
Ensure dignified, and evidence-based care to all patients.
- Ensure participation of the team in morning CME
- Make sure that the team members are using organizational project management and informative tools like Asana, BHR, Small Improvement, Gmail, and Nepal EHR regularly.
- Work collaboratively with line manager/ or functional lead on drafting and upgrading SOPs
- Attend night calls for emergency dispatch of medicines in concerning departments with no added benefits
- Predict problems based on existing workflow, standardize SOPs, and thereby work to reduce night calls.
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the Pharmacy Officer may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by the line manager.
Application process: ONLINE
Please click “Apply for this Job”, follow the prompts, and supply all required information. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Vacancy Announcement for Pharmacist and Assistant Pharmacist at Various Hospitals
- Vacancy Announcement for Pharmacy Assistant INF Nepal
- Vacancy Announcement for Pharmacist, Assistant Pharmacist and Drug Dispenser at Nepal Army
- Vacancy Announcement for Logistic Officer Pharmacist
- Vacancy Announcement for Pharmacy Assistant at Bhaktapur Hospital
- Vacancy Announcement for Pharmacist and Assistant Pharmacist Nepal Medical College