Vacancy Announcement Pharmacist for Senior Supply Chain Management Coordinator – Global Fund
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Global Fund
LOCATION: National Centre for AIDS and STD Control (NCASC), Kathmandu
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed Term
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invests over 40 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programs in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian crises.
Under the direct supervision of the Sr. Project Manager – Global Fund, NCASC, guidance of focal point of Logistics Unit and guidance of focal point of LMD, and an indirect supervision of Senior Operations Manager, the Senior SCM Coordinator is responsible of smooth operation of procurement and supply chain functions of HIV pharmaceuticals and health products (commodities) at the NCASC in accordance with the procurement and quality assurance policy of the Global Fund, and the financial and procurement rules and regulations of the Government of Nepal.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Manager – Global Fund, NCASC, logistic focal person
Staff reporting to this post: Supply chain management officers (three)
Budget Responsibilities: None
Role Dimensions: The Global Fund project works in 75 districts for TB and HIV and 30 districts for Malaria program with around $23 million budget a year. The Senior SCM Coordinator is responsible of smooth operation of procurement and supply chain functions of HIV pharmaceuticals and health products (commodities) at the NCASC.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Prepare a comprehensive procurement plan following proper quantification methods and in coordination with stakeholders.
- Track requests and deliveries of commodities to ensure that the plan is implement on time.
- Prepare and update a list of health products (LoHP) in coordination with Finance Department for submission to the Global Fund.
- Track and report procurement every three months using LoHP or another suitable format to inform management on fund absorption.
- Conduct pipeline review meetings every two months, and when necessary every one month to minimize the risk of stock-outs and expiry. Document and share decisions/ action points of the meetings. Ensure that decisions/ action points are implemented.
- Work with team members in Logistics Unit, district level warehouses and service delivery sites to ensure that logistics management information system is functioning well. Ensure that logistics data recorded and reported are accurate.
- Ensure that commodities are received, stored and distributed as per WHO good storage practices and national warehouse management guidelines.
- Monitor and review key warehouse activities, e.g. physical inventory taking, storage conditions, warehouse security including insurance, and workplace safety.
- Guide and support Logistics Unit team members on: the collection and compilation of bi-monthly reports from district level warehouses and service delivery sites; the preparation of a distribution plan, and packaging and distribution of commodities; and the acquisition of duty waivers and import permissions.
- Maintain logistics files, assuring that all required documentation/ approvals including e-documents are properly archived for easy retrieval. Ensure that they are safely stored.
- Ensure that Logistics Task Force meetings are conducted on regular basis as per the need and the terms of reference of the task force. Prepare and circulate meeting minutes to all task force members.
- Conduct supportive supervision and monitoring of district level stores and service delivery points. Keep track of issues and action points for continual improvement.
- Report on any suspected irrational use of drugs based on reports and visits.
- Facilitate in HIV logistics management trainings for district level stores and service delivery points.
- Dispose and document expired or unusable commodities as per national guidelines.
- Continually improve supply chain management process at the Logistics Unit and prepare standard operating procedures.
- Undertake any other assignments as requested by supervisor.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Master Degree in Pharmacy or Master’s degree in Public Health/ MBA with Bachelor’s in Pharmacy preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least five years’ experience in supply chain management of HIV or health commodities for a public health program.
- Knowledge of the Global Fund procurement and quality assurance policies.
- Special training on procurement and supply chain management would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated proficiency in forecasting and forecasting methods.
- Experience in coordination and liaising with different partner agencies.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety:
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Number of Vacant Position: 1
Job Level: None Specified
Job Category: Administrative, Accounting, Finance, Procurement, Logistics, Operations
Application Process:https://p2p.com.np/application deadline: 7/14/2020.
- Vacancy Announcement Pharmacist and Pharmacy Assistant Sushma Koirala Memorial Hospital
- Vacancy Announcement Assistant Pharmacist Kirtipur Hospital
- B.Pharm/M.Pharm Vacancy Phytomax Care
- Vacancy Assistant Pharmacist Nepal Cancer Hospital
- Vacancy Announcement Magnus Pharma
- Vacancy Assistant Pharmacist Human Organ Transplant Centre
Pharma Info Nepal (Nabin’s Blog) is Popular Pharmacy information sharing online platform initiated by Nabin Bist since 2019. Thousands of Pharmacy professionals have trusted Pharma Info Nepal as a right blog to find the latest Pharma opportunities, information & resources for pharmacy updates in Nepal . If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Pharma Info Nepal/If you also like to write an article, please feel free to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for visiting us.
Nepal’s Leading Pharma Portal | Complete Pharma Updates