Nepal Pharmacy Council Pharmacist License Exam Model Question
Nepal Pharmacy Council Pharmacist License Exam Model Question Prepared by Nepal Pharmacy Council. For Original post you can visit Nepal Pharmacy Council website.
1. What is the most important focus of pharmaceutical care?
d. Patient chart
2. A solution contains 1.25 mg of a drug per milliliter. At what rate should the solution be infused (drops/min) if the drug is to be administered at a rate of 80 mg/hour? (1 ml=30 drops)
3. Which of the following plant is used as antihypertensives?
4. All the following are proton pump inhibitors except
5. Which one is not medicine distribution system for inpatient?
a. Floor stock system
b. Patient prescription system
c. Full course system
d. Unit dose dispensing system
6. Creatinine clearance is used as a measurement of
a. Renal excretion rate
b. Active renal secretion
c. Glomerular filtration rate (GFR)
d. Drug metabolism rate
7. Which one of the following is penicillinase resistant penicillin………
d. Phenoxymethyl penicillin
8. Which of the following drugs is more likely to cause pulmonary toxicity?
a. Aminobenzoic acid
9. Effect of oral contraceptive pills is inhibited by …………
10. The following drug shows flu like syndrome…………..
11. What is the wholesale price of an item which is being sold on retail at Rs. 16.82 (if the profit margin is 16%)?
a. Rs. 14.50
b. Rs. 14.13
c. Rs. 14.23
d. Rs. 14.128
12. One of the following is known as physical antidote
a. Activated charcoal
b. Potassium permanganate
c. Tannic acid
d. Milk of magnesia
13. An optically active compound rotates the plane of the polarized light because of the following
14. The molecular weight of a compound is obtained and analyzed by:
a. A Mass Spectrometry
b. NMR Spectroscopy
c. IR Spectroscopy
d. UV-Visible Spectroscopy
15. The indicator used in the direct titration with EDTA to determine calcium in test sample is:
a. Xylenol orange
b. Pyrocatecal violet
c. Erichrome Black T
d. Crystal Violet
16. Biological Oxidation and reduction occur during the ———-of Biotransformation:
b. Conjugation phase
c. Entry phase
d. Second Phase
17. All of the followings are Neurotransmitters except:
d. Inisitol Triphosphate
18. Tick the medication that is not Tricyclic Antidepressant:
19. Opium alkaloids are the examples of?
b. Tropane alkaloids
c. Isoquinoline alkaloids
d. Pyridine alkaloids
20. One of the following compounds contains 7-membered cycle in its structure:
d. ACE inhibitors
21. Spectrophotometric Analysis is based on:
a. Boil’s Law
b. Molecular Vibrations
c. Dalton’s Law
d. Bear’s –Lambert’s Law
22. The “OH” absorption band in IR spectra appears:
a. Below 1000 cm-1
b. Below1800 cm-1
c. Above 3500 cm-1
d. Just below 3000 cm-1
23. The concentration of Methyl paraben as preservative in syrup is:
a. 0.01 to 0.3 %.
b. 1.0 to 2.0 %
c. 0.1 to 0.3 %.
d. 2.0 to 5.0 %.
24. Which one of the following drug is relatively safer in pregnancy?
25. Size “O” suture cannot be used for
a. Foot skin
b. Abdomen skin
c. Scalp skin
d. Face skin
26. Which of the following drug is not contraindicated to the patient on Warfarin?
27. Which one of the following drugs is contraindicated while the patient is in Ceftriaxone?
b. Calcium gluconate
d. Potassium chloride
28. All of the followings are the ingredients of an effervescent tablet except:
a. Tannic acid
b. Citric acid
c. Sodium bicarbonate
d. Tartaric acid
29. Long term stability study is carried out at ————– temperature:
a. 40 OC
b. 37 OC
c. 30 OC
d. 26 OC
30. All of the following are used as tablet disintegrant except:
b. Microcrystalline Cellulose
d. Sodium Starch Glycolate
31. Anhydrous lanoline is used in the preparation of ————– base:
a. Water soluble
b. Water washable
32. One of the following is not the metabolite of Diazepam:
33. Which of the following covers the various aspects of Quality Management System?
a. ISO 9000
b. ISO 14000
c. ISO 31000
d. ISO 45001
34. The maximum penalty against the sale of expired medicines, if the expired drug is not likely to cause injury to health.
a. Up to life imprisonment and fine
b. Up to 10 years imprisonment and fine
c. Up to 5 years imprisonment and fine
d. Up to 3 years imprisonment and/or fine up to Rs. 25000
35. The provision of section 26 of Drugs Act, 2035 is…..
a. Trade mark
b. Drug price
c. Clinical trial
d. Prohibition of drug
36. Classification of drug is given in………………..
a. Drug registration regulation
b. Drug standard regulation
c. Drug inspection regulation
d. Drug Consultative Committee Regulation
37. Which one of the following is clinically important metabolic microsomal enzyme inducer?
38. A pharmacist should suggest to take plenty of water while dispensing……………
39. How many milligrams of the penicillin are needed to prepare 120 g of a penicillin ointment containing 1000 units per gram (1 unit=0.6mcg)?
40. What information should be covered through the first prime question during patient counseling?
a. Dosing schedule
b. Storage recommendation
c. Purpose of the medication
d. Possible side effects
41. Which of the following will NOT alter the volume of distribution of a drug?
a. Cardiac failure
42. Normal laboratory value of cholesterol is ……..
a. Less than 250mg/dl
b. Less than 200mg/dl
c. Less than 150mg/dl
d. Less than 100/dl
43. What do you mean by abbreviation HS?
a. At bed time
b. Between meals
d. In the afternoon
44. Which of the following anti-hypertensive is not normally used in hypertension?
45. Alkalization of urine hastens the excretion of
a. Weakly basic drugs
b. Weakly acidic drugs
c. Strong electrolytes
d. Non-polar drugs
46. Which of the following drug is banned in Nepal?
47. One of the common symptom of digoxin toxicity is associated with …….
d. Severe headache
48. Which of the following dosage form cannot be used to the patient on NG tube feeding?
a. Film coated tablets
b. Sugar coated tablet
c. Enteric coated tablets
d. Dispersible tablets
49. Which route of drug administration is most likely to lead to the first-pass effect?
50. While selling or distributing IV fluids a pharmacist cannot check for…..
d. Expiry date