Vacancy Annoucement Procurement and Supply Chain Officer fhi
Procurement and Supply Chain Management Officer
Responsible for all necessary procurement and supply chain management of COVID-19 emergency response (C19 ER) commodities, HIV commodities (STI, OI and HIV drugs, HIV test kits, and clinic supplies) for EpiC Nepal. Provide technical support on logistics to the National HIV Program. Procurement and Supply Chain Management Officer will work closely with Management Division, Department of Health Services (DoHS) and other relevant departments/divisions/centers/sections of MoHP for COVID-19 ER; National Center for AIDS and STD Control (NCASC) and National Public Health Lab (NPHL) for availability, safety and security of commodities.
- Provide support in preparing specification of the necessary commodities.
- Provide support in procurement of the necessary commodities with close coordination with Administration Department/government agencies.
- Provide support in preparing necessary documents and follow-up with the Ministry of Health, Department of Drug Administration and other relevant government agencies for import permission and exemption of Tax/VAT/import duties of HIV commodities.
- Timely arrange storage space for receiving the commodities, so that the commodities can be stored following good storage practice.
- Cross verify the quantities received against a final purchase order and report any discrepancies on time. Inspect the commodities and report any visible damages on time.
- Compile and review bi-monthly supply/distribution plans for proper and timely distribution of the commodities to Implementing partners with coordination with concerned government agencies
- Package/Check commodities for distribution properly so that there is no quality deterioration during their transportation until they are received by the implementing partners.
- Prepare required documentation for the handover of the commodities.
- Regularly monitor the stock status of the IPs for replenishment as well as ensure that the commodities are stored in accordance with the required storage conditions. Ensure implement FEFO systems as necessary at the implementing partners.
- Manage/maintain logistics files, assuring that all required documentation/approvals are kept properly for easy retrieval.
- Timely record all transactions of the commodities that are in stock at country office store and ensure the accuracy of the recordings.
- Support Sr. Procurement and Supply Chain Management in inventory analysis and tracking.
- Monitor logistics management of commodities in the implementing partners to ensure availability of the required commodities and report the findings to the concerned units with regular follow-ups.
- Manage proper disposal procedures and documentation of expired/and unusable health commodities.
- Support in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual logistics reports as per requirement/ request.
- Coordinate with all Departments/units in the organization for smooth operation of supply chain of the commodities.
- Support in capacity building of implementing partners in terms of logistics and supply chain management.
- Perform any other task assigned by Country Director or Deputy/Project Director or supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or Pharmacy or related Social Science(s) with at least 3 years of experience in warehouse/store management of pharmaceutical and/or health products
- Pharmacology and/or experience of working in a COVID-19 response, pharmaceutical company or in government commodities supply chain management will be an asset
- Self-initiator and ability to work independently on several tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written English and Nepali skills
- Familiarity and experience in health supply chain management in Nepal
- Ability to work independently on several tasks with minimal supervision and ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of USAID procurement and contracting regulations
- Knowledge of word processing and familiarity with databases, including spreadsheets, and word processing
Final Deadline for application is August 30, 2021.
Note : This position is only for Nepali citizen.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
- Vacancy Announcement for Pharmacist WHO Nepal
- Vacancy Announcement for Pharmacist US Pharmacopeia
- Assistant Pharmacist Vacancy at Pokhara Academy of Health Sciences