Vacancy Announcement for Consultant Pharmacist at IOM
Vacancy Announcement for Consultant Pharmacist at International Organization for Migration (IOM)
International Organization for Migration (IOM) is looking for suitable candidate for the position of Consultant – Pharmacist to assist Medical Health Department as part of Front Line of Defense (FLOD) through UN COVID-19 Clinic, according to the Terms of Reference below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by 15.06.2021 at the latest, referring to the Call for Applications reference code.
Reference Code : CFA-12/2021
Position Title : Consultant – Pharmacist
Duty Station : Kathmandu
Type of Appointment : Consultant, 1 month with possibility of extension
Estimated Starting Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 15 June 2021
Under overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, Chief Migration Health Officer and direct supervision of the IOM Migration Health Physician in charge of the Isolation Unit, the incumbent is responsible for assisting the COVID-19 Isolation Unit in implementing nutritional support services based on identified priorities, medical condition and needs as outlined by the treating physician for the COVID-19 patient.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the pharmacy services in accordance with licensing regulations: provide independent patient counselling relating to pharmaceuticals.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and analysis of work unit procedures, protocols and projects related to medicine storage and supplies.
- Assist with the development and implementation of orientation programs in supply chain management
- Assist the health unit in preparation of procurement documents in accordance with IOM rules and regulations.
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labelling pharmaceuticals.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ workflow; verifying their preparation and labelling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care team
- Develops medical team staff’s pharmacological knowledge by participating in group and individual meetings
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist in the development of improved systems for regular monitoring and reporting on health project achievements, challenges/early warning system, and strategic needs.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the medical information of IOM beneficiaries.
- Undertake other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry or related field form accredited Institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in above related field from accredited Institution with 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working within the health system of Nepal;
- Strong level of analytical skills and computer literacy;
- Experience of supporting the medicines requirements and supplies for organizing community outreach medical services would be an added advantage;
- Experience with remote management and communication.
- Personal health insurance package that covers C-19
- COVID-19 vaccination completed
- Fluency in English and Nepali is required. Proficiency in other languages is an advantage.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, CFA reference number with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to email@example.com by 15 June 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
- Vacancy Announcement for Pharmacist at UN
- Vacancy Announcement Pharmacy Professor and Associate Professor Kathmandu University
- Vacancy Announcement for HOD Pharmacy Nepal Mediciti
- Vacancy Announcement for Pharmacist WHO Nepal