Vacancy Announcement for Logistic Officer at Save the Children Nepal
Vacancy Announcement for Logistic Officer Pharmacist at Save the Children Nepal
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invests over 40 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programs in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian crises.
Logistic Officer is responsible for undertaking the responsibilities of operational supply chain for C19 RM linked with the smooth functioning of National Covid response, HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria Program at Province & District. He/she supports for continually improve supply chain management process and follow the standard operating procedures Support in all the PSM strengthening activities at province, districts and local health facilities level.
S/he will support province team to assist local procurement, keeping record of supply distribution and strengthen LMIS tool
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Track and ensure the supply made by Save the Children Country Office, entities, and other partners are safely reached the destination and consumed as per the guidelines;
- Ensure that commodities are delivered from entities/CO, received, stored, and distributed as per WHO good storage practices and the Health Care warehouse management Manual in time;
- Collect and compile the bi-monthly/quarterly reports from service delivery sites/health offices on behalf of PHLMC or to support PHLMCPrepare the requisitions and forward them to the concerned entities through PHLMC and GF-PSM directly authentically;
- Coordinate and follow up with entities/CO PSM team for timely delivery of commodities/drugs as per requisition;
- Support to update eLMIS system of incoming and outgoing commodities and drugs related to TB , HIV and Malaria regularly;
- Prepare distribution plan of commodities based in program reports in close consultation and support from thematic focal person in province;
- Ensure and support to deliver commodities/drugs to health offices/SDP by arranging the vehicle appropriately;
- Ensure and follow up health offices/SDP commodities/drugs are distributed to palika level/HF level in time; Make sure that delivered supplies are reached to destination.
- Support to province team for local procurement, donation and handover items to government sites and SCI province office;
- Review key warehouse activities, e.g., physical inventory receiving , storage conditions, store security including insurance, and workplace safety;
- Ensure Zero stock out at all levels of health facilities for TB, HIV, and Malaria commodities;
- Maintain expiry chart in store under PHLMC and ensure such chart is applied/placed at SDP/SR level to minimize the risk of expiry;
- Support Provincial Government and Local Government on Quantification and Forecasting as well as quality control support of Pharmaceuticals and Health products;
- Ensure quality assurance of the products and processes as per the Global Fund quality assurance policy;
- Liaise with the Department of Drug Administration (DDA) province level as per the requirements;
- Report on any suspected irrational use of drugs based on reports and visits;
- Support to facilitate HIV/TB/ Malaria logistics management related training/orientation for district-level stores and service delivery points jointly with PHLMC/PSM team;
- Support to pull/deliver commodities/drugs system among province SDPs;
- Dispose and document expired or unusable commodities as per the guidelines at the province level;
- Maintain all logistics files, assuring that all required documentation/ approvals including e-documents are properly archived for easy retrieval;
- Support to collect, distribute and submit logistic related reports to entities PSM team, Province team and CO PSM team in routine basis;
- Carry out monitoring visits to SDPs/SR to ensure supply chain system is appropriately adopted and commodities/drugs are properly recorded, stored and verified,
- Support to Province SCI logistic team as per needed,
- Share key challenges, learnings and further improvement area in Quarterly basis and immediately if needed to CO GF-PSM Team ;
- Support to activate eLMIS up to HF level in support of PHLMC team for live data/item review;
- Represent in province logistic management sub-group on behalf of Save the children , provide logistic/PSM status and areas to be supported from PHLMC ,
- Support and analyze drugs/commodities to be included in pipeline in close consultation and guidance from CO PSM team,
- Undertake other assignments as requested by Line Manager and PHLMC when/as required .
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s in pharmacy
- 3 years’ of working experience in managing pharmaceutical store/in patient supply chain and related program as well.
Required No.(s): 1 (Nepali Citizens only)
Contract length: Fixed Term
Location: Based in Surkhet
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description
Date advertised: 23 Mar 2022
Closing date: 31 Mar 2022 – 23:59 +0545
Location: Surkhet, Nepal
Department: Supply Chain
Type: Fixed-term contract
- Vacancy Announcement for Pharmacist WHO Nepal
- Vacancy Announcement for Specialist Pharmacovigilance
- Vacancy Announcement for Technical Advisor – Good Pharmacy Practices
- Vacancy Announcement for Technical Advisor at MSH