Vacancy Announcement Logistics Associate Pharmacist
Vacancy Announcement Logistics Associate Pharmacist World Health Organization Pokhara, Gandakī, Nepal.
Purpose Of The Position
The purpose of this vacancy is to develop a list of qualified candidates for inclusion in this advertised roster for WHO Health Emergency Programme (WHE), Nepal. Successful candidates will be placed on the roster and subsequently may be selected for the assignments falling in this area of work or for similar requirements/tasks/deliverables. Inclusion in the Roster does not guarantee selection to a SSA contract. There is no commitment on either side.
Objective Of The Programme
The objective of the WHO Nepal Country Office is to implement the Country Cooperation Strategy by supporting the Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP), Government of Nepal (GoN) in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of national health policies, strategies and plans and developing and managing WHO’s technical cooperation programmes at the country level. The Country Office collaborates with the Government of Nepal and relevant stakeholders in support of their efforts of achieving national health goals; of ensuring the attainment of universal health coverage and of contributing to global and regional public health action by providing need-based technical assistance in national level policy formulation, setting norms and standards, improving knowledge dissemination and management, monitoring country health situation and building sustainable institutional capacity, to play a greater leadership role in different national level policy technical forums. WHO provides guidance and technical support in organizing the humanitarian health response following multi-hazard emergencies and in revitalizing the capacity of the health sector to recover and rebuild from emergencies in appropriate and sustainable ways. In the inter-emergency period the objectives are to increase the capacity and resilience of the Nepal Health System to reduce risk, prevent and prepare for disasters, to mitigate adverse health consequences, through supporting the Emergency Risk Management interventions prioritized in the national plan for the implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction (2015-2030); and the health security interventions for enhancement of core capacities required to comply with the International Health Regulations (IHR) 2005 as prioritized in the National Action Plan on Health Security (NAPHS), National Action Plan on Anti-Microbial Resistance (NAP-AMR) and National Pandemic Preparedness and Response Plan (NPPRP).WHO strives to integrate and harmonize the actions undertaken for enhanced ERM and Health Security with the interventions implemented to achieve the health-related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and health systems strengthening through appropriate capacity building and co-ordination mechanisms and partnerships. The WHO Health Emergencies Programme (WHE) supports the MoHP, GoN to direct and coordinate the rapid provision of life-saving emergency health interventions at scale in the aftermath of multi-hazard emergencies and disasters and subsequently assists in the rapid recovery of the health system in collaboration with national and international partners. Thereupon it provides technical support to the MoHP and partners to enhance health sector emergency risk management through prevention risk reduction or mitigation; preparedness and response readiness to build a health system that is resilient to multi-hazard disasters including public health emergencies.
Summary Of Assigned Duties
Under the overall supervision of Team Leader – WHO Health Emergencies Programme; in close coordination with the relevant Technical Officers/ IMS Pillar Leads and direct supervision of National Professional Officer (Operations Support and Logistics) of the WHO Health Emergencies Programme of the WHO Country Office for Nepal, the Logistics Associate (Pharmacist) will perform the below functions:
- Collaborate with the Senior Pharmacist to support the emergency response and ensure effective integration of logistics operations within the Department of Health Services (DoHS), Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP) and WHO Country Office for Nepal’s overall emergency response;
- Support to MoHP on forecasting/quantification and distribution of the COVID-19 Commodities along with technical assistance in consolidated annual procurement plan preparation (CAPP);
- Document the experience and contribution of the sorting of emergency response inflow of COVID logistics;
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager to support the emergency response and ensure effective integration of logistics operations within the DoHS, MoHP and WHO Country Office for Nepal’s overall emergency response;
- Supporting Management Division to organize and centralize the storage of COVID Commodities for supply chain best practice;
- Support Management Division to document in Electronic Logistic Management Information System (ELMIS) and maintain the repository of all procured and donations received;
- Support the lead of Operations Support and Logistic (OSL) Pillar, WHO Incident Management Team (IMT) to build strong and productive working relationships with partners and Government;
- Document the experience and contribution of the sorting of emergency response inflow of medicines and other commodities as per the request;
- Support to the Management Division to organize and centralize the storage of the medicines, maintain the repository of all procured and donations received, monitor the availability of COVID commodities in the local market as needed
- Maintain updated inventory of the COVIC-19 supplies and prepare request order for the provinces and local bodies and facilitate to dispatched with support of Management Division, MoHP;
- Monitor the availability of COVID and medical products in the local market as needed and provide pharmacy performance indicators to Management Division periodically;
- Promote effective organization of the whole medical supply chain in order to make quality drugs and medical supplies available in the stock;
- Perform any other additional duties given by supervisor in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
Master’s degree in pharmacy or any other discipline.
At least 2 years of experience in pharmacy and medical logistics
Experience in pharmaceutical regulation and quality control (medicines and health legislation, surveillance system and registered pharmacist in Nepal Pharmacy Council. Additional training in relevant discipline.
Functional Skills And Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of the key health security risks; situations, needs and priorities in all-hazards public health emergency preparedness, and response.
- Ability to generate options, decide, prioritize, execute and multi-task under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills, strategic thinking and good judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to effectively work with government, development partners/donors and collaborating agencies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to write clearly and concisely and give technical advice and guidance taking into consideration the views of multiple stakeholders and partners in resource-limited contexts.
- Technical expertise: Overall attitude at work is also required mandatory competencies.
- Good knowledge in outbreak response, disease control and emergency risk management in the health sector.
Good knowledge of computer applications and software including MS Office applications (specifically excel, word and ppt.). Ability to coordinate with the government, manage projects, build partnerships with multiple partners in the context of health emergencies.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Producing results
Use of Language Skills: Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Nepali.
Monthly Salary: (Net of tax) NPR Rs 117,708.00 (Level VI) at single rate (taxable as per Nepal Government laws and appointment will be through Special Services Agreement, SSA)
Grade: Level VI
Duty Station: Anywhere in Nepal
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test and the interview may be used to screen applicants.
- Any extension of appointment would be subject to programmatic requirements, performance of the incumbent and availability of funds.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualification obtained from accredited institution. The list can be accessed through this link: http://www.whed.net.
- Any misrepresentative of facts would disqualify the candidate.
- No telephone enquiries or paper applications please.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- Application from qualified female candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded groups are -strongly encouraged.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This position is subject to local recruitment.
Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days)
The duration of the contract will depend on the needs of the functions.
Jan 14, 2022, 12:40:40 PM
Feb 4, 2022, 12:59:00 AM
SE_NEP WR Office, Nepal
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.