What is B Pharm?
What is B Pharm?
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B-PHARM) is undergraduate degree in Pharmaceutical Science. At first glance, B Pharm means selling drugs. However, B-Pharm is not just about selling drugs. B Pharm is the education that teaches the process from making medicine to selling and distributing it.
How to make medicine? What products can be used to make medicine? What medicine to make for which disease? What chemicals to put in the medicine? What is the quality of medicine? Did the medicine cure the patient or not? How long to give medicine to the patient? Such topics are covered by B Pharm. In addition, it helps to discover and research new drugs.
What is the course ?
B Pharm is a four-year undergraduate course. In which there are 8 semesters. Various colleges affiliated to Tribhuvan University, Pokhara University, Kathmandu University and Purbanchal University have conducted B Pharm courses. However, the diploma course in pharmacy is also conducted from CTEVT. After studying B Pharm, you can study Master’s level M Pharm, MPH and MBA in Nepal.
Who can read?
Who studied science in 11th and 12th (Only Biology)
Having done diploma course in pharmacy from CTEVT
Plus two science student brought GPA 2.4
Other diploma faculty students should be equivalent
The main Subject to read
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
How much does it cost to study pharmacy in Nepal?
It costs Rs 750000 for all uiniversity and affilated college to study B Pharm.
The university has arranged 10 percent of the quota scholarship for B Pharm. The university conducts a scholarship entrance examination for scholarships. Scholarships are awarded to students who score high on the test.
However, from this year, the entrance medical education commissions have said that 75% of the seats on government campuses will be on scholarships and 10% of the total seats on private campuses will be on scholarships.
Internship / Travel
Internship is mandatory. An internship of at least one month is required for up to eight semesters. You have to do an internship in a hospital and a pharmaceutical company. Similarly, students are also given a tour of different districts of the country for study and research related to medicine.
In what field do you get the opportunity to work?
- Goverment Service (Loksewa)
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Community Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Logistic Management
- Research & Development
Where to study?
Under Tribhuvan University
- Maharajgunj Medical Campus, Kathmandu
- Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences, Soltimode, Kathmandu
- National Model College for Advance, New Bazaar, Kathmandu
- Janamitri Foundation Institute of Health Sciences, Hattiwan, Lalitpur
- Universal College of Medical Science and Technology, Bhairahawa, Rupandehi
- Chitwan Medical College, Chitwan
- Sunsari Technical College, Sunsari
- Gandaki Medical College, Pokhara
- Matrix College, Parsa
- Kist Medical College Imadol
Under Pokhara University
- Nobel College, Sinamangal, Kathmandu
- Central Institute of Science and Technology, Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Modern Technical College, Sanepa, Lalitpur
- Crimson College of Technology, Rupandehi
- Pokhara University School of Health and Science, Pokhara, Kaski
Under Kathmandu University
Kathmandu University School of Science, Dhulikhel
Under Purbancahl University
- Valley College of Technical Sciences, Sitapaila, Kathmandu
- Karnali College of Health Sciences, Gaushala, Kathmandu
- Little Buddha College of Health Sciences, Min Bhavan, Kathmandu
- Asian College of Advanced Studies, Satdobato, Lalitpur
- Hope International College, Satdobato, Lalitpur
- Nobel Academy, Kaski
- Shree Medical and Technical College, Chitwan
- Purbanchal University College of Medical and Science, Morang
- Karnali Academy of Health Sciences
- Madan Bhandari Academy of Health Sciences
- Gandaki University
It is possible to go to different countries to research new drugs. In particular, the number of students going abroad to study Masters level M Pharm after B Pharm is very high. Nepali students have gone to Japan, Korea, Australia, USA and other countries to study M Pharm.
How much can you earn?
After studying B Pharm, one can become self-employed. Along with increasing urbanization, community pharmacy is also on the rise. Pharmacies can be opened in the villages themselves. Similarly, even if you work in a hospital or a pharmaceutical company, you can earn at least Rs 25,000 to Rs 36,000 a month. Salary is also determined based on one’s ability and experience.
The Government of Nepal gives the level of Pharmacy Officer to B Pharm (B Pharmacy). Its salary is 37975
What is the salary of B Pharmacy in Nepal?
The government salary of B Pharmacy in Nepal is 37975
Importance of B Pharm
- Measurement of whether the medicine is quality or not
The state has taken a policy to bring access to health care to every citizen. Medication is indispensable to accomplish this. The right medicine is needed to cure the disease. The quality of the medicine should be measured. Today’s need is to produce new medicines. For that, skilled manpower is needed. The role of B Pharm is important to produce those manpower.
- From drug production to sales distribution
The doctor diagnoses the disease. Not just by finding the disease. Medicine is needed to cure the disease. What medicine to use for which disease, that medicine should be produced. It is the job of the pharmacy to cure the patient with these medicines. If there is no medicine, the disease cannot be cured. Skilled manpower is required for the production of such drugs from sales to distribution, so B pharmacy is very important in the medical field.
- The medical field cannot be imagined without pharmacy
The medical field cannot be imagined without pharmacy. If the right medicine is not used even after the disease is detected, the patient dies prematurely. Getting the patient to use the right medicine is the job of the pharmacy. Pharmacy will provide information on how much medicine to take and at what time, so pharmacy education is needed today.
The charm of B Pharm
The number of students studying B Pharm is increasing. However, since there are only a limited number of students, they have to get their names out, so some students are not able to study even if they want to. The attraction of students has increased as they can get a job quickly after graduation and can run their own community pharmacy.
Finally, the number of health facilities opening at each local level is increasing. Large hospitals are being opened in the states and the center. These health facilities require a person who has studied pharmacy. Similarly, there is a demand for skilled manpower in pharmaceutical companies. New drugs need to be produced, so today’s need is to make B Pharm education systematic and effective.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy College in Nepal
- B.Pharmacy Entrance Exam Syllabus
- B Pharmacy Entrance Exam Questions Specific Subject
- B Pharmacy Entrance Exam Questions
- Bachelor of Pharmacy(B.Pharm) Curriculum Tribhuvan University IOM