Pharmacy Service Criteria as Per Health Institution Operation Standard 2077
Pharmacy Service Criteria as Per Health Institution Operation Standard 2077 MOHP
Pharmacy Service Standards:
- Hospital pharmacy registered by a private health institution in accordance with the prevailing law should be.
- Pharmacy manpower should be as mentioned in the manpower related criteria of this standard
- The pharmacy department / unit should be easily accessible from all the outpatient and emergency departments of the hospital
- The space and rooms required for the pharmacy should be of suitable area
- There should be one dispensing counter for every 200 outpatients
- There should be a separate storage room for medicines.
- There should be a separate dispensing unit for inpatients
- Pharmacy service must be in operation 24 hours a day
- Drug and Therapeutic Committee should be formed in the hospital for the management of the pharmacy
- In order to Good Pharmacy Practice (GPP) drug procurement, storage, essential medicines and other materials. The hospital should have adopted standard operation procedure to prevent shortage, procurement, inspection, handover, inspection of quality of medicines, management of inventory, storage of drugs and psychotropic drugs, expiry of medicines, waste management, control of insects and rats.
Follow us on Facebook : Pharma Info Nepal