Vacancy Announcement Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) Specialist
FHI 360 has been working in Nepal since 1993. Over the last three decade, our work has been focused in areas like health (including one health), nutrition, education, environment, climate change, gender, equity, safeguarding and social inclusion, crisis response, water, sanitation, and hygiene, democracy and governance, and implementation research. FHI 360’s work is grounded in evidence and aligns with and provides support to the Government of Nepal (GoN)’s development priorities and plans. FHI 360 requests applications from the interested and qualified individuals for various positions as follows:
Position: Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) Specialist
The PSM Specialist will be responsible to engage with the system strengthening team to provide capacity building support to Government of Nepal (GoN) stakeholders and monitor the project technical activities related to improving the supply chain processes, implementing electronic Logistic Management Information System (eLMIS) solution and commodity security in Nepal. S/he will be advising Management Divisions (MD)/Department of Health Services (DoHS) and Provincial Health Directorates (PHD) for process reengineering to improve supply chain performance. In addition, s/he will work with MD and \PHD for process adaptation, adherence, monitor process compliance and develop plans to enforce implementation of the right processes at all project sites.
- Builds the capacity of GoN and other partner staff in supply chain management, logistics, network design and process optimization. Supports the implementation of supply chain best practice and continuous improvement particularly in the areas of warehousing, distribution, and inventory management processes.
- Under the guidance of supervisor prepare technical content related to supply chain optimisation and logistics management needs for inclusion in the annual work plan.
- Draft monthly and quarterly supply chain optimisation updates for inclusion in routine reports for project and stakeholders.
- Prepare content on supply chain optimisation and logistics matters for inclusion in ad hoc reports as required.
- Consult with stakeholders at all levels as required by the work plan activities and ensure the concepts of supply chain optimisation and logistics are understood.
- Contribute to the development of communications materials to promote supply chain optimisation and logistics matters.
- Regularly update work plan tracker with progress on supply chain optimisation and logistics activities.
- Maintain records of capacity building and training activities provided and contribute to central project records required for such activities.
- Maintain other records as required by the project.
- Collaborate with other team members to maintain high standards of internal communications and professional working standards.
- Ensure the project is presented in a professional light in all interactions with external audiences and stakeholders.
- Prepare timely analytical reports on agreed supply chain indicators as required. Contribute to the investigations and preparation of root cause analyses required to support Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) indicator reporting.
- Provide capacity building in warehousing and distribution management, logistics and inventory management to GoN partners at central and lower levels according to the work plan ensuring they have the skills and knowledge to complete their roles.
- Support medical stores at all levels of the system to improve their stock accuracy using cycle counting and similar mechanisms.
- Promote and advocate for information-based decisions at all levels of logistics system.
- Arrange feedback sessions to GoN partners on the state of supply chain performance and recommendations for improvements.
- Conduct regular analysis and comparisons of processes, compliance, and supply chain performance in medical stores and distribution systems at all levels and promote benchmarking and experience sharing to raise the operating standards of the health commodities storage and distribution system.
- Other tasks as assigned by line manager.
- This position requires an understanding of supply chain implementation, oversight, problem solving, data management, and coordination.
- Master’s degree in pharmacy, public health, supply chain management or relevant subject and three to five years of experience in supply chain implementation, oversight, and monitoring (preferably health commodities) or bachelor’s degree with five to seven years of experience in the above-mentioned field.
- Previous experience in public health commodity management is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement public health programs.
- Experience in working effectively across various teams within the project and organization, and building and sustaining positive working relationships with NGOs, private sectors, government and other stakeholders.
- Proactive in managing multiple tasks, managing and working in virtual work environment, and flexible and open for managing time for working with different teams in different time zones as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, team building and management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written English and Nepali including documentation skills.
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careersFinal deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. March 31, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written tests and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.
- Vacancy Announcement Provincial Supply Chain Coordinator fhi
- Vacancy Announcement for Senior Technical Advisors RSS
- Vacancy Announcement Long Term Technical Assistance Consultant US Pharmacopeia
- Vacancy Announcement Technical Advisor PQM Plus – Policy Strategy & Engagement (PSE) US Pharmacopiea
- Vacancy Announcement Long Term Technical Assistance Consultant