Vacancy Announcement Technical Advisor PQMPlus – Policy Strategy & Engagement (PSE) US Pharmacopiea
Job Category Technical Programs
Job Type Full-Time
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and direction of the Senior Technical Advisor –the Technical Advisor:
- Support Chief of Party of PQM+ Nepal to provide technical support to PQM+ Nepal overall activities and workplan.
- Coordinate with in-country DCoP and Senior Technical Advisors to strengthen Regulatory functions, quality assurance and control systems at the Department of Drug Administration, National Medicine Laboratory, local medicine manufacturers (both public and private allopathic manufacturers) and help build awareness of the threat of SF medical products.
- Coordinate and support in drafting pharmaceutical manufacturing strategies and national medicine policy of Nepal.
- Coordinate and support in drafting Post Marketing Surveillance Regulations for Nepal and advocate for institutionalization.
- Coordinate and support in drafting National Guidelines on Safe disposal of unwanted pharmaceuticals
- Coordinate and support in drafting NML’s five year strategic costed plan (2023-2028)
- Support in organizing a multistakeholder advocacy meeting to address pharmaceutical sector related issues.
- Master’s degree in pharmacy, chemistry, microbiology, or related field; a higher degree will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in regulatory system strengthening program including quality policy and strategy development control in LMICs.
- Experience on drafting documents on pharmaceutical policy, strategies and regulations.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GDP), Good Distribution Practices (GDP), Good Storage Practices (GSP), and good laboratory practices (GLP) norms in related fields.
- In depth knowledge about international best practices in pharmaceutical sector.
- Experience in managing virtual teams based in low- and middle-income countries.
- Expertise in health systems strengthening.
- Pharmacist, Physician, or other health profession qualification highly desirable
- Proof of experience managing effective, timely, and quality implementation of donor-funded (particularly USAID-funded) global health or international development projects
- Good understanding of and experience working with USAID compliance rules and regulations
- Significant experience working with high level officials in USAID and country governments
- Strong people management skills, including of virtual, matrixed teams
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in cross-cultural settings.
- Ability to demonstrate highest degree of ethics and integrity.
- One Technical Officer
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world’s top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
- Vacancy Announcement for Technical Advisor Pharmacist – SPARS
- Vacancy Announcement Long Term Technical Assistance Consultant