Department of Drug Administration (DDA) Notice for the Production, Import and Sale of Sanitizers in Nepal
These five rules are prescribed by the Department of Drug Administration (DDA) for the production, import and sale of sanitizers in Nepal
As per the decision of the Government of Nepal (Secretary Level) dated 2078/01/19 regarding the production, export / import, sale distribution, registration permit and standard (level) of the Instant Hand Sanitizer. As the decision has been made, registration / permission is informed for the information of all concerned.
- The official importer for the sales distribution certificate is “Instant Hand Sanitizer Product, Import and Documents as per the provisions related to export, sale and distribution will have to be submitted
- In case of every product obtained for import, the product of each lot before import is tested in the National Medicine Laboratory and to allow import only if it is of good quality will be done.
- After importing the first lot, when importing other lots, it must be labeled in Nepali as well.
- In terms of price, whichever is lower than the country of origin and the price fixed by the department that value will have to be kept.
- Sanitizers that have been imported to Nepal after paying value added tax are being sold and distributed the case is tested once in the National Medicine Laboratory and allowed to be sold if found in accordance with the criteria prescribed by the department and then for further import as per the rules. Registration / import permission must be obtained
All concerned stakeholders are advised not to produce, sell, distribute or use sanitizer of any industry / importer without registration / permission from the Department of Drug Administration (DDA). Users are also requested to use only quality Instant Hand Sanitizer registered with the Department of Drug Administration (DDA).
- DDA Notice Regarding Remdesivir Drug Distribution and Use
- DDA Notice Regarding Sale Distribution and Not Use of Drug
- Instant Hand Sanitizer (Alcohol Based) Guideline Department of Drug Administration
- Nepal has Received the First Round of Vaccine Against Covid-19 Under Covax Facility