General Pharmacology Important MCQs
General Pharmacology Important MCQs for various types of pharmacy compitative exams.
1. Pharmacodynamics includes:
(a) Drug elimination
(b) Drug excretion
(c) Drug absorption
(d) Mechanism of action
2. Which of the following is not a pro-drug?
3. Bioavailability is:
(a) Amount of drug that reach the systemic circulation
(b) Drug metabolized in liver before the drug reaches the systemic circulation
(c) Drug metabolized in liver after the drug reaches the systemic circulation
(d) Maximum by rectal route
4. Usually healthy human volunteers are taken in:
(a) Phase I of clinical trial
(b) Phase II of clinical trial
(c) Phase III of clinical trial
(d) Phase IV of clinical trial
5. The drug which may inhibit P450 for warfarin is which one of the following:
6. All the following drugs are teratogenic except:
7. SLE like reaction is caused by:
8. Which of the following is excreted in saliva?
9. A newborn baby was born with phocomelia. It results due to which drug taken by mother during pregnancy?
10. Receptor mediated action is not seen in:
11. Blood brain barrier is crossed by:
12. ED50 is used for determining:
13. Good clinical practice (GCP) is not required in:
(a) Preclinical phase
(b) Phase I trial
(c) Phase II studies
(d) Phase IV studies
14. Plasma drug monitoring is done for:
(a) Drug with high safety margin
(b) Drug with low safety margin
(c) Drug with high therapeutic index
15. G-coupled protein receptor is:
(a) Metabotropic receptors
(b) Ionic receptors
(c) Kinase-linked receptors
(d) Nuclear receptors
16. Which of the following does not act as second messenger?
(a) Cyclic AMP
(b) Inositol trisphosphate
(d) G proteins
17. Physiological antagonism is found in:
(a) Isoprenaline and salbutamol
(b) Isoprenaline and adrenaline
(c) Isoprenaline and propanolol
(d) Adrenaline and histamine
18. At toxic doses, zero order kinetics is seen in:
19. Which of the following drugs is having the least oral bioavailability?
20. Which of the following parameters signifies the effective drug removal from the body?
(d) Volume of distribution
21. Which of the following is a Phase I metabolic reaction?
22. Which of the following drugs do not produce active metabolites?
23. Which of the following drugs has maximum chances of absorption from gastric mucosa?
(a) Morphine sulfate
(b) Diclofenac sodium
(c) Hyoscine hydrobromide
(d) Quinine dihydrochloride
24. Major mechanism of transport of drugs across biological membranes is by:
(a) Passive diffusion
(b) Facilitated diffusion
(c) Active transport
25. Which of the following drugs should be removed by dialysis?
26. Which one of the following drugs does not undergo hepatic first pass effect?
27. When a drug binds to the receptor and causes action opposite to that of agonist this is called as?
(a) Complete Agonist
(b) Partial Agonist
(c) Inverse agonist
(d) Neutral antagonist
28. Partial agonist possess
(a) Max. intrinsic activity and low affinity
(b) High intrinsic activity and no affinity
(c) Low intrinsic activity and high affinity
(d) Low intrinsic activity and low affinity
29. Which of the following is an effect of grapefruit juice on drug metabolism?
(a) Enzyme inducer
(b) Enzyme inhibitor
(c) Inhibits tubular secretion
(d) Inhibits tubular reabsorption
30. There are some undesirable but unavoidable pharmacodynamic effects of a drug, which are known as:
(a) Toxic effects
(c) Side effects
Questions for Practice:
- Pharmacology 35 MCQs for Various Exams
- MCQs of Pharmacology
- Pharmaceutics MCQs for Pharmacy Exams
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- Pharmaceutical Calculation MCQs for Pharmacy Students
- Pharmacology MCQs Antipsychotic Drugs