Vacancy Announcement for Consultant MSH
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) announced vacancy for consultant.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 50 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policymakers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability, and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non-governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health. For more information visit: http://www.msh.org
The goal of the global five-year USAID Medicines, Technologies, and Pharmaceutical Services (MTaPS) Program is to help low- and middle-income countries to strengthen their pharmaceutical systems to ensure sustainable access to and appropriate use of safe, effective, quality-assured, and affordable essential medicines and pharmaceutical services. MTaPS, implemented by Management Sciences for Health (MSH) and partners, will provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP) and the Department of Drug Administration (DDA) including other relevant implementing agencies to strengthen pharmaceutical systems including pharmaceutical sector governance, good pharmacy practices, regulatory systems, pharmaceutical management information systems, and improve patient-centered pharmaceutical services. MTaPS is looking for human resources to support the roll out of the new DDA – Medicine Information System (MIS) currently being developed for streamlining the regulatory authority processes in the areas of pharmacy registration, manufacturer registration and product registration. The system is built on best practices and standards for pharmacy, wholesale, manufacturer, medicines registration and medical devices notification norms and on the World Health Organization (WHO) related guidelines.
The consultants will support the transitioning of existing pharmacies into DDA-MIS. In addition, new applications for registration of a pharmacy will be captured using DDA-MIS. Since this is a new system, MTaPS and DDA anticipate that the applicants will experience some challenges while using the new software which the consultants are expected to troubleshoot and resolve. Two consultants will be based at DDA head office and six at regional offices and will support the pharmacy owners, manufacturers, and other applicants and DDA users when technical problems emerge. The consultants will undertake the following activities:
- Support applicants to use the DDA-MIS for registration, renewal, modification, and deregistration of pharmacies, wholesalers, importers, manufacturers, and products.
- Support DDA to troubleshoot the technical problems faced by clients while using the DDA-MIS.
- Provide guidance and support to new users of DDA-MIS, assisting them in the processes of registering, renewing, modifying, or de-registering pharmacies or wholesalers.
- Assist clients (applicant) through multiple channels i.e., emails, messages, calls and in-person meetings.
- During standard government working hours, receive calls, messages from clients and troubleshoot the problems and provide technical support to the problems faced by clients on using the DDA-MIS.
- Document and track the help desk requests and problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through the final resolution.
- Prioritize problems and escalate them (when required) to MTaPS supervisors or DDA IT admin.
- Conduct data analysis and prepare an assessment report of the issues handled and troubleshooted.
- Provide technical support to the DDA users to use DDA MIS’s functionality and features as per the user roles and permission.
- Contribute to global community https://talk.openrims.org/ by providing technical problem-solving solutions that can be used for future reference
- At least a diploma in pharmacy or 10+2 (intermediate) or relevant field.
- At least two years of prior work experience in technical support or customer service with Nepali typing skills.
- Knowledge of administrative, clerical procedures and business logic of the Department of Drug Administration.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Experience with government regulated medicine administration systems like DAMS.
- Demonstrated experience in regulatory affairs and procedures.
- Proven skills in preparing reports, documents, analysis, and presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Priority will be given to candidates who are residents of the project location.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
- Vacancy Announcement Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician
- Vacancy Announcement for QMS Internal Auditor Consultant MSH
- Vacancy Announcement Provincial Supply Chain Coordinator fhi